I’m a Kick-ass prolific Software Technology Recruiter. Fanatical Boston sports fan. Epic woodworker and furniture maker. Movie lover and proud and loving father of 3.
I make monumental masterpieces out of wood and try to document my work on this blog.
I also have a professional side… and I identify the best candidates for my clients with a concentration on Early, Mid and Late Stage Start-ups
Why do engineers and start-ups work with me?
I have been the #1 recruiter at Winter Wyman for 3 out of the past 4 years, and I have been the #1 recruiter in the Software Group for the past 7 years.
- I am very highly respected and highly regarded in the Boston Software Market.
- I have strong connections and can help you get the job that you want
- I listen closely to what you are looking for so that I do not waste your time. This is your search, not mine.
- I will help you improve (at interviewing, at asking questions, at preparing, at researching, etc) and will provide important (and necessary) feedback.
- I am honest, easy-going, and straight-forward. I have a simple yet very effective approach that ultimately will result in getting you the career that you want.
“John did an awesome job years ago of finding me a position that was a great fit. I’ve worked with him more recently on the hiring end of the arrangement, and he is a pleasure to work with from both perspectives. He works hard to understand both the candidates’ and hiring manager’s needs which results in great matches. I would recommend him without hesitation for companies looking for great talent as well as candidates looking for great companies.”
Bryan Barkley, November 1, 2011
“I’ve workedwith John for several years now. We’re a small, high quality team, our interviews are intense, and recruiting for us is often challenging. John has worked with us to fine tune our message, has brought good candidates to our door, and helped us hire the people we wanted.”
Andrew Schwartz, April 4, 2011
“John did a fantastic job of finding me a startup. We met to talk about what I was interested in and discuss the opportunities available. He recommended great changes to my resume to help it stand out and suggested eight startups that lined up with my skills. He has a great understanding of the industry and a keen insight into people and the positions they would excel in. I picked my favorite startup, he got me the interview, and I got the job offer. Total process: 2 weeks. I think John’s expertise in the software startup job market and his skill at understanding what I was looking for makes him an excellent recruiter. I am very glad I went with John.”
Jeff Shepard, April 5, 2011